Learning Support Co-ordinator: Mrs Chinn
At Saint John Wall we value the right for all pupils to access a broad and balanced curriculum. In learning support we also understand particular needs of pupils in their learning and progress across the curriculum. Therefore provision within the department can be described as strategic intervention for targeted pupils. Our aims are to:-
- Ensure that all pupils have access to and are included in high quality teaching and learning in lessons. As a SEND department we aim to aid teachers provision for SEND pupils by organising CPD training, coaching and consortium planning and resources development.
- To work with targeted pupils within the curriculum to aid progress and attainment.
- For targeted small group intervention to focus on key skills needed to aid and accelerate pupil’s progress once back into the classroom and school environment. E.g. Lexia, Speech and language therapy and mentoring. Pupils are selected based on progress data and teacher feedback to the TA's and SENDCO. Small group work will be reviewed half termly to track progress and monitor attainment.
Close liaison between the school and the Local Authority's Support Services ensures that the best advice can be taken to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Saint John Wall School SEN Information Report - click here to read document
- My Care in Birmingham - click here
Parent Partnership Services
This is a support service for parents. They can offer independent and unbiased advice and information about the assessment procedures and educational provision for your child.
Children's Information and Advice Service (CIAS) - 0121 303 1888
SENAR (Special Education Needs and Review)