'To educate each and every unique child in our care
to hear and respond to what God calls them to be'
School is now fully closed to ALL pupilsPlease note that this is a national closure. We will re-open as soon as we can and will keep you updated on the school website and via text message.
- Pupils in Years 7 to 9 should complete development homework.
Eligible parents will receive free school meal vouchers via the school email system. Beware of scam emails from other sources - DO NOT provide your bank details to anybody.
Letter from Bishops' Conference
As the Headteacher at Saint John Wall Catholic School, it is a great privilege to lead a committed team of staff dedicated to 'educating each and every unique child in our care to hear and respond to what God calls them to be'. This means that we aspire to give every child the opportunity to explore their vocation in life and achieve their best both academically and personally, within a framework of spiritual and moral guidance. Our broad curriculum enables pupils to gain a range of qualifications whilst also developing their values, gifts and talents through taking part in extra-curricular activities, House competitions, leadership, community and fund-raising events. We are proud of our cohesive multi-faith and multi-cultural community which gives rich opportunities for pupils to experience and understand people of all different backgrounds. We aim to prepare pupils for being active, generous and compassionate citizens who will make a valuable contribution and have a faith-filled and happy life in Modern Britain.
Here are some of the things that are on offer to pupils at Saint John Wall Catholic School:
- A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and differences in beliefs and culture.
- A strong commitment to developing a sense of values and vocation in all members of the school community.
- A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor, support and challenge pupils to achieve their maximum potential.
- A learning environment which is well-equipped, resourceful and regularly updated. Pupil safety is paramount to our existence.
- Academic achievement levels that provide young people with the opportunity to experience higher education at well regarded institutions as well as allowing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education providers.
- Opportunities to travel, observe different lifestyles and cultures, take up new activities and sports, participate in local and national competitions, learn new skills, and undertake leadership roles while embracing faith and spirituality.
I hope that I have provided you with a brief outline of life at Saint John Wall Catholic School. By accessing the various pages of this website, you will learn more and fully understand the uniqueness of our school.
Miss K Marston BSc (Hons) LLE